A Saskatoon physician shared his concerns with the Board of Police Commissioners regarding lack of compliance to Saskatchewan’s public health orders during last month’s People’s Party of Canada rally.
Dr. Dennis Kendal’s letter was reviewed at Thursday’s meeting and he stated his concern of police not shuttering the even when they became aware it was taking place.
Police Chief, Troy Cooper said the police service was under the impression that the event was going to be primarily held outdoors with a small indoors component.
The PPC event ended taking place inside the Saskatoon Inn with a large number in attendance not wearing masks.
Chief Cooper said for the officers that were on hand for the event, it would have been a difficult task to shut it down without any extra support.
Cooper also pointed to the fact that the standard across Canada for any such circumstance has been to collect evidence and fine people afterwards. So far according to Chief Cooper, four charges have been laid in relation to the event.
He expects there will be 20 tickets issued in total which comes with a price tag of $2800 dollars.
The Saskatoon Police Service currently has photos up on their website of individuals they need help with identifying in regards to the September 20th PPC rally.




















