The Saskatchewan Health Authority is marking its one-year anniversary. The Authority says this first year has seen the development of the SHA’s vision, mission, and organizational values; along with organizational restructuring, and the integration of both the Roy Romanow Provincial Laboratory and the Physician Recruitment Agency into the SHA. The Authority says, with integration, it is better positioned to build a health system that works for patients, families, and residents.
Key Dates in Year One
– December 4, 2017 – Legislation proclaimed to launch the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
– February 28, 2018- Cut Knife’s Primary Health Centre officially opens.
– April 1, 2018 – The Roy Romanow Provincial Laboratory joins the SHA.
– April 18, 2018- Lloydminster helipad construction announced.
– May 16, 2018 – Removal of 72-metre high crane signals exterior work on Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital nearly complete.
– May 28, 2018 – The SHA Board approves its first budget: $3.8 billion in operating dollars.
– July 20, 2018 – The SHA and the Métis-Nation Saskatchewan sign memorandum of understanding to work together.
– July 23, 2018- Physician Recruitment Agency of Saskatchewan joins the SHA.
– September 27, 2018- Staff and patients move into the Leader and District Integrated Health Care Facility.
– October 18, 2018- SHA and All Nations Healing Hospital in Fort Qu’Appelle sign Memorandum of Understanding at the grand opening of their collaborative satellite dialysis centre.
– October 25, 2018- The Gardens Community Health Centre officially opens in Regina.
– October 26, 2018- Police and Crisis Team launched in Prince Albert, improving front-line response to people experiencing a mental health crisis.
– November 5, 2018- Staff begin moving into the Community Health Centre at Market Mall in Saskatoon.
– November 13, 2018 – Staff and patients begin moving into Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford.
– November 15, 2018 – Police and Crisis Team launched in Moose Jaw, improving front-line response to people experiencing a mental health crisis
– November 16, 2018- Cabri Medical Clinic officially opens as a primary health care site.
– November 30, 2018- Police and Crisis Team launched in North Battleford, improving front-line response to people experiencing a mental health crisis.