The Ministry of Government Relations and SaskPower are reminding people to have a working CO alarm in each major area of your home. Carbon Monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas that can give you flu-like symptoms. However, continued exposure to CO can lead to brain damage and even death. The number of CO incidents increases during the winter as people rely more on natural gas appliances like the furnace. It’s recommended that you have all gas appliances properly installed, maintained and inspected by a licensed gas contractor.