The province is investing more than $2 million in facility and infrastructure improvements for parks in the province’s central region. That would include Blackstrap, Duck Mountain, Fort Carlton, Good Spirit Lake, Greenwater Lake and Pike Lake provincial parks.
A total investment of more than $11 million for planned improvements throughout the provincial park system in 2018-19 will increase total investment in parks to nearly $110 million since 2008.
Upgrades scheduled for completion prior to the 2019 camping season in the central region include:
– Completion of campground electrical system expansion and upgrades in Blackstrap Provincial Park and Greenwater Lake Provincial Park;
– Completion of water system upgrades and replacement of the main sewage lift at Greenwater Lake Provincial Park;
– Phase two of pool building upgrades and a new accessible playground at Pike Lake Provincial Park;
– Shoreline protection at Blackstrap Provincial Park; and
– Campground office replacement in Duck Mountain Provincial Park.