Reports of a break and enter, sexual assault and shots fired drew out RCMP from Pierceland, Loon Lake, Meadow Lake, Cold Lake as well as members of the Provincial Protection and Response Team in addition to help from a local pilot.
41 year old William David Angus from the Pierceland area has been taken into custody and a gun was seized.
Around 3:45 Monday afternoon, Pierceland RCMP were called to a B and E and sexual assault a home in Pierceland. The suspect, believed armed, had fled the scene in a pick-up truck.
A confrontation involving the suspect and another motorist reportedly took place at a rural intersection about 2 kilometres southwest of Pierceland which is when the suspect allegedly shot his gun at the other vehicle before speeding away and shortly after, more gunshots were heard. No injuries were reported in relation to the gunshots.
William Angus has been charged with:
• Break and Enter and Commit Sexual Assault with a Firearm, Sections 348(1)(b) and 272(a) of the Criminal Code
• Sexual interference, Section 151 of the Criminal Code
• Assault with a weapon, Section 267(a) of the Criminal Code
• Using a firearm while committing an offense, Section 85(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
• Discharging a Firearm Recklessly, Section 244.2(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
• Careless Use of a Firearm, Section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
• Point a Firearm, Section 87 of the Criminal Code
• Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose, Section 88 of the Criminal Code
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, Section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
• Mischief, Section 430(4) of the Criminal Code
• Driving While Disqualified, Section 259(4)(b) of the Criminal Code
Angus is scheduled to appear in Meadow Lake Provincial Court on July 19, 2018.